Friday, November 25, 2011

unity

November 24, 2011
“Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”
Colossians 3:16
     This section of scripture has been talking about what it takes to have good unity. I believe as the body of Christ we all individually need to constantly be soaking up His word, which means we need to read and study the Bible. People say wisdom comes with age, but that isn’t entirely true. Wisdom is God-given. “For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.” (Proverbs 2:5). “Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.” (1st Peter 4:12). Also, in the book of Job is a good example of young people being wise, as Elihu corrected Job for his wrong attitude towards the Lord (chapter 32). I believe how wise you are is a reflection of life experience and diligence in staying in the Word of God. As the body of Christ, we should always be there for each other, and call each other out when someone is living in sin. This is all necessary for better unity.
Application:
     I will be a true friend to those of who I am close to, and call them out in love if I see them doing something they shouldn’t. And I hope my true friends would do the same for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment