Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Do your best

November 2, 2011
“Love does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered.”
1 Corinthians 13:5
     These verses are very humbling, especially when I ask the question “Do I not do these things also?” There is one area of this verse where God has been really working on my heart; which is taking into account a wrong suffered. As you all know I used to be a grudge holder and would never forget anything bad that someone did to. This was a very week area of my life and I am thankful that God pointed it out to me. That being said, there is much more. “Love does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek is own, and is not provoked.” I read this and get kind of overwhelmed because I feel like I have such high expectations to reach. But in reality what I’m doing is trying my best to be like Christ. There’s no reason to feel pressure about this.
Application:
This verse contains a lot. So I’m going to spend my alone time breaking it down word by word, and thinking about how I can improve in these areas.


I want to say thanks to everyone who has been praying for me throughout every week. God is showing me so much about myself that I never even realized. This experience has been life changing. Please continue to keep me in your prayers, they mean more than you know. These are my prayer requests:
1.  That God will continue to mold my heart and change me according to His will and purpose. (Phillipians 2:13)
2.  For my friends who have already deployed into the field, that they will be safe and God will use them mightily.
3.  That I will poor myself out to the Lord even more in this last month that I am here.

Is there anything that you need prayer for?
“Give ear to my prayer, O God; and do not hide Yourself from my supplication.” Psalm 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment