Thursday, November 17, 2011

special day

November 16, 2011 
“So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, ‘Lord, is it at this time you are restoring the kingdom to Israel?’”
Acts 1:6
     This is probably one of the many questions that were going through the disciples’ minds at the time. I’m sure it was very difficult and confusing for them. I know that I can personally relate to the disciples when it comes to not understanding what the Lord wants from me. This verse brings me back to three hundred and sixty-five days ago at my high school when Mike Rozell spoke and did his presentation. On this day a year ago I knew God had called me to come here. Of course I had to research a lot and asked a lot of questions to people   who had been to the program, but I knew eventually, even though I didn’t know when, that I would come here. One thing led after another and here I am. I had to wait quite a long time for this and it was always on my mind. But just like the Disciples, I had heard the calling, but I couldn’t go yet because it wasn’t time. This verse is about trusting God.
Application:
     When I KNOW that God has called me to go somewhere or do something, I will look back on this and remember that God was in control the whole time. I will look back to this for encouragement and reassurance of His sovereignty.
“Indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead.” 2nd Corinthians 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment