Friday, November 11, 2011

confusion

November 11, 2011
“Let him drink and forget his poverty and remember his trouble no more.”
Proverbs 31:7
     If you read this verse without knowing the real truth of alcohol, then it sounds like a dream come true. I cannot say that I know how it feels to wake up from a hangover because I have not experienced it and will not. From the people that I have talked to about it I know that you do forget about all your troubles for a period of time, everything seems perfect, and then you wake up the next morning. With an intense migraine and constant throwing up, and probably a lot more than that, I think it’s safe to say that not only are you resumed into your misery, but you have even more pain than before. Never have I met someone who doesn’t regret having a hangover. Other than the fact that Lemuel is not supposed to drink at all, I don’t understand why his mother is saying this because it doesn’t make much sense to me.     
Application:
     I will listen intently to what other people have to say about this verse and hope that God will show me what it is saying.
“Listen to counsel and accept discipline, that you may be wise the rest of your life.” Proverbs 19:20

No comments:

Post a Comment