Thursday, November 3, 2011

Truth

November 3, 2011
“Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in truth.”
1 Corinthians 13:6
     Sometimes, the truth hurts, in can be very painful. Sometimes, it can be refreshing and a relief. We often don’t want to admit to things that are true, because it brings about in us a deep conviction that we don’t want to reveal. I personally can find it difficult to speak the truth to people around me especially when they are talking falsely about Jesus. I’m not a person who likes conflict. But it says “rejoice” in truth. I think of Jesus and how He always stood up for what was right, what was true. Even though the Pharisees and everyone else hated his guts for it, He rejoiced in it. “But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you.” (Galatians 2:5)
Application:
     I’m going to pray for the Lord to give me boldness and strength to stand firm in His word, because it also took Jesus boldness and strength to endure all that He went through, from the beginning of His ministry to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment