Tuesday, November 1, 2011

patience

October 31, 2011
“Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant.”
1 Corinthians 13:4
     After reading this I immediately think of 1 John 4:8 “The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.” When we’re talking about the love that is mentioned in this verse, we’re talking about God. I’m not very good at being patient. I’m always in a rush for something that I want, which is very selfish. It’s probably one of my major weaknesses. When we took the personality tests I read about my results, it said I get annoyed with the inconsistencies of other people. And Part of being patient is tolerance of other people. I need to be better about accepting people for who they are and meeting them where they are at, because God made them that way for a reason.
Application:
     The next time somebody does something that makes me mad, I’m going to just pray for them right then and there, and work on making that a habit of mine.
“The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment