Tuesday, November 8, 2011

alcohol

                       November 8, 2011  
“It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, or for rulers to desire strong drink.”
Proverbs 31:4
     When I was a lot younger I always got super hyper and excited whenever we went out to eat and my parents would have wine, because it meant that I could have a sip. I remember everybody jokingly said I would become the drinker of the family. I just had a desire to have alcohol; it was out of pure innocence from a child who didn’t know any better. Now that I’ve grown up, I know how dangerous it can be when overused, and I’ve seen with my own eyes what it does to someone, especially those who I am close to. However, I personally believe that having a drink every now and then is ok if the person can be mature about it and not get drunk. If it’s even a temptation to get drunk, then it would probably be wise to not even have any in the house. Even though I find no hard having some every once in a while; I would never have any in front of someone else if it caused them to stumble in any way.  “And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit.” (Ephesians 5:18).
Application:
     I promise to never get drunk, nor cause anyone else to get drunk, even if it means me not having any.

No comments:

Post a Comment