Monday, November 14, 2011

wait

November 14, 2011
“Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, ‘Which,’ He said, ‘you heard of from Me.’”
Acts 1:4
     When I first read this verse I didn’t understand what it was talking about. But after reading it some more and looking up other verses, I came across Luke 24:49 which says “And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” I believe he is talking about the power of the Holy Spirit. This put the disciples in a situation in which they had to trust in Him and wait. Before they could go out and fulfill the Great Commission, they had to wait and be filled with the Holy Spirit first. In relating this to my situation, I am here at Potter’s Field Ranch preparing for battle, being poured into by the pastors and staff, and being vulnerable unto the Lord, letting him shape and mold me. Even though I am anxious, I am not ready to go out on the field yet, God still has me here to keep growing and learning more.
Application:
     I have less then a month left up here. I’m going to get up at 615 during the week to get more time with the Lord in the morning. I will also stay patient and remain open to what the Lord wants to do in me in these last few weeks.
“So with a view to righteousness, reap in accordance with kindness; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord until He comes to rain righteousness on you.” Hosea 10:12

No comments:

Post a Comment