Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, 2011
“For they will drink and forget what is decreed and pervert the rights of the afflicted.”
Proverbs 31:5
     This verse seems like a warning for those under the authority of someone who drinks. The word decreed means decided, or determined. People get drunk, but don’t realize what the result of it is. It gives me a picture that looks like this: A pastor, or someone in leadership, is at a get together with some people and decides to have a few beers. As he gets a little drunk, he forgets that what he is doing is wrong and is causing other people to stumble. If they see their leader doing it, then they’ll get the impression that it’s ok. Getting wasted can cause people to do really stupid things that can get themselves or even someone else killed. This causes me to be more aware that things like this can and do happen, even to those who are higher in position. “How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers.” (Psalm 1:1)
Application  
In applying this I will be more observant of people who have spiritual authority over me, and I will also keep this in mind for myself and know that when I have a position of leadership, people will be watching me. Therefore I will do my best to set a good example in everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment