Wednesday, November 23, 2011

forgiveness

November 21, 2011
“Bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also you should.”
Colossians 3:13
     We often get so frustrated with the weaknesses and wrongdoings of other people that we want to fix them. But the fact of the matter is, we can’t. We can’t control others any more than we can control when the sun comes up. All we can do is what the scripture tells us, and in this case, we must forgive them when they wrong us. When I personally remind myself that God not only died for our sins, but that He forgives us daily, it makes it much easier for me to forgive other people. Who am I to judge? And who am I to try and fix someone else’s weakness? That’s God’s job. The verse also doesn’t say “forgive them if they apologize.” We are told to forgive regardless of repentance on their part. This has been an issue for me in the past and I am constantly working on forgiving others (not an easy thing).
Application:
     I have to keep in mind that my God is sovereign and all-knowing. In that, I need to find satisfaction in forgiving others when I am wronged.

No comments:

Post a Comment