Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cant control others

November 10, 2011
“Give strong drink to him who is perishing and wine to him whose life is bitter.”
Proverbs 31:6
     We all know that an overuse of alcohol ruins lives. Nobody is supposed to ever get drunk, that’s a given. It says give it to those who are perishing. Perish is another word for destroy. I personally don’t understand why we should give alcohol to someone already on the verge of death. But I think Lemuel’s mother is just trying to make the point that he is a king, he must not drink alcohol, and let someone else drink if they want to. I believe it’s the same for us. We can’t control other people; we can only control ourselves and make our own decisions. We should never hand a bitter person a bottle of vodka, but we have to be ok with letting them have it if they choose, and make sure we don’t make the same mistake.
Application:
     I know people who are close to me that waste their lives with alcohol, and they know in their hearts that it’s wrong. I will never encourage it, nor judge them for it. I will only speak into their lives about it when God provides an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment