Sunday, December 4, 2011

Not because of me

November 25, 2011
“Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.”
Colossians 3:17
     This is a high standard that nobody follows to the T. As I read this I am so thankful for grace, because it’s by grace that we are set free and that we have eternal life waiting for us. Since I am so blessed to be saying that, I know that I have done nothing to earn or deserve it, therefore every good deed or word should be all for His glory. There is nothing that I can do on my own strength, so who am I to think that I deserve credit for my own accomplishments? I don’t, God deserves it all because He gives me the ability to do great things, just like He did with His disciples as they humbly preached the gospel throughout all the land and healed many people in His name. In Acts chapter three, Peter and John came across a lame man who needed help. Peter healed the man in the name of the Lord and he was able to walk perfectly fine. John and Peter reacted to the people’s amazement at them by saying “why are you amazed at this, or why do you gaze at us, as if by our own power we had made him walk? The disciples took no credit for themselves, because they knew it was all the power of the Lord enabling them to heal the crippled man. This is the attitude I need to have all the time.
Application  
“But Peter said, “I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you.” Acts 3:6
     I don’t have much, but what I do have is a life that is fully surrendered to God. I will live my life according to His will and purpose only.

No comments:

Post a Comment