Thursday, November 24, 2011

peace/thanksgiving

November 23, 2011
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.”
Colossians 3:15
     This is a very crucial area of life for me. I often worry about things that aren’t even a big deal. I’ve learned that God works everything out for my good (Romans 8:28) and even the bad things happen for a reason. Since we have no control over what happens to us, we’re best off to approach it as best we can and stay positive, because we are in control of how we react to hard times. “In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid” (Psalm 56:11). And thankfulness, something that is lost in our society, is important in all of our lives. So many people don’t realize how good we (who live in America) have it. We couldn’t be more blessed to live in a free country, have three meals a day, a roof over our heads etc. Thanksgiving for example: even though it is a day where we need to give thanks, it should not be just one day a year, but a lifestyle.
Application:
     I will not look at thanksgiving as one day to be thankful, but will make it my goal to thank the Lord for something every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment