Friday, September 30, 2011

hard work

September 30, 2011
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23:6
     As a high school basketball player all four years; it required dedication, hard work, mental and physical toughness, and perseverance. 11 months out of the year I would have something going on every week. Early morning workouts, 2 hour practices, shoot rounds after practice, training, weight lifting, basketball camps 2/3 hours away, that’s what it took to be great. Thankfully I never made it a greater priority then God in my life; otherwise I wouldn’t be here now. My point is that all that hard work (while is good because it develops character), is only striving for fame and a golden trophy. How often do we put SUCH an effort into worldly things that will not even matter when we die? We should be working even harder for the furthering of the Lord’s kingdom. I believe that is what we are here for. I remember saying “If the opportunity presents itself, I’m going to play college ball”. I am so inexpressibly thankful that God called me to give that up and come here, and that I listened.
Application:
     I’m going to keep in mind the moment of God’s calling on my life to come here in order to remember that the things of this world do not compare to the goodness and love that will follow me in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment