Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 15 2011
Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded of him? I think not
Luke 17:9
     Why do we serve God? Why have we sacrificed 6 months to a year of college education and work to be here at potter’s field ranch? I was frustrated when I first verse read this verse because I believe that when I am being served, that person at least deserves a thank you. But I realized that it’s talking about God being the master and we are the servants. We are not equal to Him in any way shape or form. He is above us, He is God. That being said, if He was to say thank you to us for doing his will, that would be as if He owed us something, when He doesn’t owe us anything. Looking at it this way is helping me to be more sold out for Jesus, knowing that this is exactly what we are supposed to do, And nothing less.
Application:
     I’m going to look at the big picture of things when I am serving in whatever way that is. I will also take joy in the fact that I am able to give God everything I have because He gave me all of Himself on the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment