Wednesday, September 21, 2011

different

September 21 2011
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, no are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord
Isaiah 55:8
     We all strive to be like Christ. That means we have to be different. This brings back the memory of just a few months ago when I was asked to speak at my last high school chapel. I talked about how following Christ and living out the Christian life requires us to be different. Different in our beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, the way we talk, what we say, how we act etc. Romans 12:2 says “Do not conform to the things of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind”. If I am a Christian, people should know that by all of the things listed above. This is not an easy task, however God promises us that He will not allow us to be tempted by more than what we are able to handle.
Application:
Just about everyone I know back at home is not doing anything like this. When I get back, most of my friends will already have almost a year done with college. I am choosing to not let this phase me because I know that I am in the Lord’s will, even though my situation is different. If you’re always following the crowd, then how will u ever get in front of it?
For the gifs and calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 11:29

No comments:

Post a Comment