Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 16, 2011
“So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.’”
Luke 17:10
            Today marks 2 weeks that I’ve been here. When I first arrived I was filled with joy and excitement, knowing I was exactly where I am supposed to be. I knew I was following the Lord’s calling. Now, I’ve settled down, it’s been a while, the celebration of finally getting here is over, and God told me it’s time to get down to business. Now that I’m here, I’ve asked “now what God?” It’s so difficult because it is so unclear for me right now. I know God works in mysterious ways and sometimes it doesn’t make any sense to us. Right now, that’s the position I’m in. This is not easy to share but I feel like God has put it on my heart to be a living testimony to all those out there who are confused and don’t know what they are doing. I know exactly what it’s like to hear from God, I can give you the exact day and time of when God told me that I was going to come to Potters field. I also know the feeling of being confused and not understanding what is going on, as that is the situation I am faced with right now. So here’s what it comes down to, I know God has me here for a reason and even though I don’t see what the future holds, God does. I would rather not know what is going to happen, while having faith in God, then having my own future planned out according to my own desires and not walking with the Lord.
Application:
            The verse says “we have done only that which we ought to have done”. God expects me to have trust and not doubt Him. I’m going to walk by faith and not by sight. It’s harder than I imagined, but God never said it would be easy. I have no choice but to suck it up and fight for this, because quitting is not an option, especially with God at my side.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog Daniel! I think you will find that these lessons will apply for the rest of your life. There are times of clear understanding and clear direction from the Lord, and there are time of blind trust, waiting on him, and sometimes you feel like you're stepping off a cliff. But God always guides and provides, always.

    ReplyDelete