Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Prize

September 28, 2011
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4
     This verse reminds me of the old TV show “fear factor”. In order to win one would have to outdo his/her competitors in three intense challenges. One episode involved them lying down in a glass coffin-like container while 200 rats were poured onto them. If they won the competition, 50,000 dollars was the grand prize. In life, there will be times when we are in situations that we feel we can’t overcome, but we must not forget that our God is always with us wherever we go and through whatever happens to us. Life is going to throw all kinds of challenges at us. We often victimize ourselves and tend to forget that God has allowed this to happen to us for a reason. “And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance” Romans 5:3. Life on earth is a constant battle, and our prize is eternity in heaven.
Application:
     Rather I like it or not, God is going to allow me to be tested and go through more hard times, like He’s been doing. So I’m going to keep this mindset and just remember heaven awaits me.
“Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive in Christ Jesus our Lord” Romans 6:11

No comments:

Post a Comment