Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 14 2011
But will he not say to him, ‘prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink’
Luke 17:8
     Many Americans have earned the title “lazy”. In the work force, we often see people lose their job from only putting forth minimal effort. In my dad’s landscaping business back at home, I have seen guys come and go because they don’t work hard enough for what is demanded of them. The verse says “clothe yourself properly and serve me while I eat and drink”. I automatically think of going above and beyond when I read that. Not only is he supposed to fulfill his master’s needs, but to be dressed nice when doing so. I believe that is what God wants us to do when serving Him, or anybody. Not just do the job, but do it well. The very least that we can do for our Lord is serve Him with a servants heart and give Him our very best in all we do. I believe this is true in all areas of service, especially when serving those who aren’t as well of as we are. In Matthew 25 Jesus talks about how when He was thirsty we gave him something to drink, when he was naked we clothed Him and it goes on. At the end in verse 40 Jesus replied to them saying “truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of mine, even the least of them, you did it to me”.
Application:
     I am going to not only get the job done, but do it in excellence for now on. I will remember that whoever it is that I am serving, I am ultimately serving the Lord by serving them. That will be my motivation in doing the work to the best of my ability, not just what is minimally required.

No comments:

Post a Comment