Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26, 2011
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in greed pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.
Psalm 23:1-2
     If we want to experience the everlasting glory that awaits all who believe in the Lord, we have to follow Him with our lives on earth. Green pastures and quiet waters come with a price. We owe our lives to God. Yea following Him isn’t easy, and our flesh has its own desires, but He makes us a promise in Matthew 6:33 which say “Seek first His kingdom and His rightesnous and all these things will be added to you.” Overcoming the hard times and being vulnerable to the Lord have a great reward. One that is worth more than anything we are able to imagine. This verse speaks truth to me because I am dealing with being homesick right now, however, I know that by staying persistent and seeking the Lord earnestly, it will be another tribulation overcome.
Application:
     I’m going to remain faithful to the Lord and His promise. This will require me to reach deeper into His word because the devil always attacks us when we are weak. I have to remain strong and keep fighting for what God has for me.
 “And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.” Matthew 19:29

No comments:

Post a Comment