Friday, September 23, 2011

September 22, 2011
For as the heavens are higher than earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:9
      I’ve tried too many times to be perfect and would beat myself up whenever I fell short. I have an issue with expecting too much of myself in every area of life. If I had a bad game I would be really mad, if I didn’t read my devotions one week I’d feel unworthy. I have always been my own worst critic. I’m realizing now that there’s going to be times when I’m going to mess up and fall short, because I’m not perfect. No matter how hard I try, nothing I do or say will ever come close to what Jesus has done for me. I simply need to come to the place of being ok with that, and just give Jesus everything I have, because He knows I’m trying and is a God of grace.
Application:
     I’m going to keep this verse in mind for every time I struggle with this. When I mess up, instead of pouting and being discouraged, I’m going to get back up and try again, remembering that I am ultimately going to heaven, and I just got to try my best to honor God in this worldly place.
“And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Romans 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment