Saturday, October 15, 2011

working on my weaknesses

October 12, 2011
“For each one will bear his own load”
Galatians 6:5
     What I get out of this is that my load is different than anyone else’s, and vice versa. God has placed certain burdens on my heart for a specific reason; He has brought me here for different reasons than he has brought others. That’s how I have to walk through it. I truly believe that since we (Christians) are saved and know where we are going when we die, that we should make it a life standard to minister and love on those who are lost, and ultimately make disciples of them (Matthew 28:19). That being said, we need to make sure we are on track with our relationship with the Lord. If we give ourselves the title of being a “Christian”, but are not pure in areas that me must be in order to lead, then we are not only hurting ourselves, we are leading others astray. “And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit” (Matthew 15:14). We must carry our load first so that we can enable ourselves to be true leaders.
Application:
     I’m going to spend the first few minutes of devotions in prayer, asking God what areas of my relationship with Him that I need to work on and how I can improve on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment