Saturday, October 8, 2011

numbers

October 7, 2011
“Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart.”
Acts 2:46
     I read this and instantly get a feeling of unity. What does it mean to be united? It’s when two or more are in agreement and stand together for something. As the body of Christ, we need to be united and have the same goal in mind, which should be the great Commission (Matthew 28:19). If a thousand people are a part of the same congregation but every individual has their own agendas, and no unity is amongst them, they will not make even a little impact on the world. But if a thousand people came together with the same goal and motivation, with the right leader in place, they could do such incredible things for the Kingdom of God! One person can only do so much, but if the entire body of Christ unites for a common purpose, then revival could be around the corner. In battle, if your army is not united in every way and you don’t have each other’s back, then the enemy already has you beat.
Application:
     When I’m on the field, I’m going to remember that I have my army right beside me and I am not alone. When the devil tries to bring me down and mess with my head, I will cling first and foremost to Jesus, but also communicate with those around me and tell them what I am going through so that they can help me fight the good fight.
“For where two or here have gathered together in My name, I am in there midst.” (Matthew 18:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment