Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Conviction

October 26, 2011
“He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he?”
Luke 17:9
     My IBS has nothing to do with this verse, but it is what it is and God is doing something in me. It’s real, so I’m saying it. During on the mount (which is supposed to be alone time) I had a deep, yet hard conversation with two people yesterday. The conversation will not be repeated, but what God is showing me will be. I have always had a hard time confronting people when I’ve been hurt. Ask anyone from my family they will say it’s the truth. When I get hurt by someone, I aint telling them about it, I always hold it in without showing emotion. I’ll never forget what they did to me, even if it is a little thing. The rage is like a little snow ball, and when u role it in the snow it gets bigger and bigger until you can’t hold it in anymore. After talking to Margaret about this I realized this has to change, because my brothers and sisters here are around me literally 24/7 and I am not willing to let the devil use this to ruin my friendships/relationships anymore. It’s usually fairly easy for me to admit my weaknesses, because it’s part of being humble. But this is different because I’ve always handled being hurt by coping with it and riding the other person off. This is just a glimpse of what the Lord is doing to change me here. I’m very grateful that God is bringing this to my attention so that I can learn to confront people with love and handle this the right way.
Application:
     I am going to read and study Matthew 18 over and over again. And I will confront people who hurt me, rather it be incidental or on purpose, with love. And trust the Lord to help me from there.
If you’d pray for me about this, I’d really appreciate it

No comments:

Post a Comment