Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Heaven is my resting place

October 25, 2011
“But will he not say to him, ‘prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink’”
     What I get from this verse is that we are living to be of full service to the Lord. Everyone loves to have vacations after working all year long. We’re tired; we need a break, fair enough. There is nothing wrong with that at all. But the verse says we must serve our master and then after that we can eat and drink. After we are done serving Jesus with our lives here, our “vacation” will be waiting for us in heaven. But that time has not come yet, there is still work to be done here. My life here should be a full time ministry because my ultimate resting place is eternal life in heaven.
Application:
     I will persevere through the bumps in the road and remember to keep living a life of ministry until my time here is done, when Jesus takes me home.
“And He was saying to them all, ‘if anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me’” Luke 9:23







No comments:

Post a Comment