Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 4th 2011
“Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles.”
Acts 2:43
     If we fully, completely, without a doubt understood and grasped what Jesus went through for us, I think we would be more extreme in our faith. The Passion of the Christ demonstrates very accurately what happened to Jesus the day of the crusifiction. We watch that movie; we cringe, cry, scream, and even turn away sometimes because it’s so hard to visualize the pain He endured. Jesus deserves us to be in awe of Him! I believe we often become comfortable or casual with our walk with the Lord. I am definitely guilty of this. Imagine if Jesus just chose to pass up that sacrifice. A relationship with Him wouldn’t even be an option. “Everyone KEPT feeling a sense of awe.”
Application:
“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me.” Galatians 2:20. I’m going to memorize this verse and remember to never get comfortable with where I’m at, but to keep staying in awe of the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment