Saturday, October 8, 2011

friendship

October 5, 2011
“And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common.”
Acts 2:44
     Here at PFR (Potter’s Field Ranch), we all come from completely different backgrounds. We have people from California, Utah, Philadelphia, Oregon, Colorado, and Florida (Paige has been everywhere it would take too long to list all the places she’s lived). A couple days ago at dinner a few of us were eating together and we all stopped, looked at each other at the exact same time, and then Paige said “We are all so different.” This gave us a good laugh but when I think about it, it couldn’t be truer. We all like different things, come from different cultures, and we’ve all been through completely different situations in life. However, the one thing that binds our friendships together is the main thing we all have in common; we are all here for the same reason, which is to hear from God, and be discipled so that we can disciple others. From another standpoint, this actually makes us the same in many different ways in terms of seeking the Lord. It’s so cool to see God bring a random group of people together who are seeking the same thing! We’re all in this together, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Of course I miss my family back home, but I have a new family right here, my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Application:
     I’m going to make sure I do my part to maintain these unforgettable friendships that I’ve made.
“A man of too many friends comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment