Tuesday, October 25, 2011

die to self

October 24, 2011
“Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come immediately and sit down to eat?’”
Luke 17:7
      I have no right or reason to look for someone to applaud me when I serve someone who needs help. If I was doing it for that reason, then I am in the wrong place and it’s not true servant hood. We often look for some kind of reward after doing a good dead. But Why would we need one if it’s all for God anyway? “For whether then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God” (1st Corinthians 10:31). This is where dying to self comes into play. When we die to ourselves then we are truly being humble before the Lord.
Application:
     To really be on the lookout for anything that needs to be done in front of my eyes and do it without expecting a reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment