Saturday, October 15, 2011

$$

October 13, 2011
“For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.”
Galatians 6:8
     To me this verse is a lot like handling money. Some people have a lot, some enough to pay the bills and have food on the table, and others who can’t afford either of those things. People often assume that the people with the most money are the happiest people, that money buys happiness. We tend to envy actors, singers, sports stars, all the people who have all the cash. But I can guarantee you that all those people who invest all their money for themselves and not for the Lord, are living miserable lives. I know of celebrities, who are as rich as one can be, yet the money doesn’t satisfy, they still revert to drugs or alcohol, or even abusing someone they “say” they love. It’s not the money itself that’s a sin; it’s the handling of it that leads to corruption. It’s the sowing to the flesh. I also know many people who are much less fortunate then I am, but truly live happy lives because they sow to the Spirit with what little they have, and they will have eternal life because of that.
Application:                   
I will always tithe 10% of what I earn and work on being more open to helping others out financially since I have been blessed in this area by my parents.
“He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income.” Ecclesiastes 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment