Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 7, 2011
“With a leap he stood upright and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.”
Acts 3:8
     One of the most difficult things for me to do is worship Jesus during hard times. Because during these times it seems like the most logical thing to do is tell God about how bad we have it and hope for Him to fix it. We go from a person with great faith to a person who is questioning and doubting God once a tribulation occurs. The lame man reminds me of how I get so excited when God comes through to me like He always does, and then I always ask myself “Why did I doubt You?” A valuable lesson I’ve learned up here is to worship God in the good times and the bad times and dive into His word. He doesn’t just deserve our praise when we feel like giving it; He deserves it all the time. I think we tend to stop worshipping Him during the hard times because we become extremely vulnerable, and that makes us uncomfortable, so we would rather just fix it ourselves. But we don’t have that capability so it comes to the point when we flat out have to make a choice; Surrender to God, or keep doubting and complaining and see where it gets us?
Application:
     I will work on maintaining this mindset that I have learned here and give God everything I have in the good and bad times, and not be afraid to be vulnerable.
“And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, know that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope.” Romans 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment