Saturday, December 10, 2011

last one in montana

December 9, 2011
“And they were taking note of him as being the one who used to sit at the Beautiful Gate of the temple to beg alms, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him. While he was clinging to Peter and John, all the people ran together to them at the so-called portico of Solomon, full of amazement.”
Acts 3:10-11
     The people around the lame man observed him as a man who had been changed. For his whole life he was the same person who begged for money every day on the street corner, then after God pouring His healing power on him, he was never the same again. He felt alive for the first time. I feel like I can relate to this man in a way. I came to Montana as one person, and am leaving a completely different person. When I look back on my experience I know why God brought me here. He wanted to break me down and make me get rid of certain things in my life, give me a boldness in my belief that I’ve always had inside me but never let it out very much, and force me to die to my desires and wants, in order to solely trust in Him. It’s been a memorable learning experience to say the least, one that I will never forget.
Application:
     I will keep up the new healthy habits, hold onto to my new friendships, and for the month that I am home, I will ask the Lord to continue to prepare me for the next part of my journey in Uganda.



No comments:

Post a Comment