Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 6, 2011
“And seizing him by the right hand, he raised him up; and immediately his feet and his ankles were strengthened.”
Acts 3:7
     After reading this I tried to put myself in the lame man’s shoes. Here I am having been crippled my whole entire life. Every single day is the same. Wake up, a couple men carry me to the gate of the temple and I sit and ask for charity from everyone who walks by. I can’t imagine what it would be like to have thousands of people walk by me, a man who can’t do anything for himself, every day without even getting a glance from anyone. Then on that lucky day the first people to give me thirty seconds of their lives end up healing me and transforming my life. How radical this must have been to literally see his feet and ankles regain strength. This goes to show what the mighty hand of God can do through those who are faithful. I’ve been looking at this through the eyes of the lame man, but in closing I want to point out the fact that Peter and John had their eyes open to the need at hand and did not ignore it like so many of us do so often.
Application:
     At home especially, I need to be more aware of people like this lame man. And when I minister to them, I will think bigger of what God can do through me and not be afraid to say a prayer of healing over them.
“So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?” Galatians 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment